Report: Iona nun fired over embezzlement
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- A published report says Iona College covered up the theft of $800,000 by a nun who was the school's top financial official.
The Journal News reports Iona fired Sister Marie Thornton last year, when the decade-long embezzlement was discovered.
Thornton, however, was never reported to police or the district attorney.
new rochelle, local news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 52 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos