Trial to start for LI mom accused of hiring hitman
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- A trial begins on Long Island Thursday for a mother of four accused of trying to hire a hitman to kill her husband.
Prosecutors say Susan Williams, of Garden City, actually contacted an undercover police officer.
Williams allegedly did research online about other women who killed their husbands and got away with it.
A lawyer says Williams may have had a daydream about hurting her husband that went too far, but says she never would have gone through with it.
long island, garden city, local news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 53 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 53 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash 41 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
54 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
39 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
53 min ago