Trial to start for LI mom accused of hiring hitman
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- A trial begins on Long Island Thursday for a mother of four accused of trying to hire a hitman to kill her husband.
Prosecutors say Susan Williams, of Garden City, actually contacted an undercover police officer.
Williams allegedly did research online about other women who killed their husbands and got away with it.
A lawyer says Williams may have had a daydream about hurting her husband that went too far, but says she never would have gone through with it.
long island, garden city, local news
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 2 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski 12 min ago
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash 54 min ago
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 38 min ago
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
38 min ago
- Lingering flood waters create commuting...
43 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos