No deal in Lawrence Taylor rape case
NEW CITY (WABC) -- Lawrence Taylor's lawyer says there's no plea offer on the table, at least now, in the rape case against the pro football great.
Taylor was in Rockland County Court Thursday afternoon, but lawyers spent 15 minutes in a sidebar with the judge before the hearing was adjourned. He's due back in court on December 7.
There had been speculation that a plea agreement in the case, but that did not happen on Thursday.
The ex-NFL MVP is accused of paying $300 to have sex with a 16-year-old Bronx runaway in a suburban hotel room in May. He's pleaded not guilty to third-degree rape and other charges.
A new judge, state Supreme Court Justice William Kelly, has taken over the case.
lawrence taylor, new city, rape, local news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake 32 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase 35 min ago
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer 16 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos