Man, woman found murdered in car
QUEENS (WABC) -- Police in Queens are looking for the killer of a man and a woman.
The victims were found in a car at Willoughby and Woodward Avenues in the Ridgewood section of Queens just before 10:30 a.m.
Police identified the victims as 47-year-old Leonard Archipolo, and 23-year-old Yomarya Santiago.
No weapon was recovered at the scene, police said.
Investigators said surveillance video shows the car parking, and then a person getting out of the back seat.
The victims were found in the front seats. They were shot in the back of the head.
Archipolo has been identified as a neighborhood resident who walked his dog through the cemetery.
The car was running and the headlights and right turn signal were on, police said.
Archipolo is said to have an extensive criminal record. He had 8 prior arrests for rape, robbery and drugs.
new york city, queens, ridgewood, shooting, murder, local news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97