Child porn and weapons found in NJ home
WAYNE, New Jersey (WABC) -- A man from Wayne, New Jersey is under arrest and accused of distributing child pornography.
Investigators say they seized images of children ranging in age from teenagers, to toddlers in diapers as well as an arsenal of guns.
Police say they found the items inside the home of 43-year-old Norman Sergeant at 20 Ferndale Road.
"It's hard to believe, really hard to believe. I've known him forever, he's a good kid," said Arnold Arquet.
The sheriff's department's internet crimes unit spent two months tracking him.
"Undercover detectives went on line and were able to connect with him and download pornographic images," said George Rosenthal with the Passaic County Sheriff's Department.
On Sergeant's computer police say they found thousands of images, many showing children involved in sex acts.
But that was just the beginning. What they didn't expect to find were 9 handguns, 16 riffles and tons of ammo, much of it illegal.
Sergeant was taken without incident.
"He was semi-cooporative. He gave us some information, but then he was evasive when it came to critical parts of the interview," added Rosenthal.
Passaic county and the Wayne police department consider this a huge bust.
Sergeant is being held on $75,000 bail.
He faces up to 10 years in prison and registering as a sex offender if convicted.
new jersey, wayne, pornography, local news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 26 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013