Child porn and weapons found in NJ home
WAYNE, New Jersey (WABC) -- A man from Wayne, New Jersey is under arrest and accused of distributing child pornography.
Investigators say they seized images of children ranging in age from teenagers, to toddlers in diapers as well as an arsenal of guns.
Police say they found the items inside the home of 43-year-old Norman Sergeant at 20 Ferndale Road.
"It's hard to believe, really hard to believe. I've known him forever, he's a good kid," said Arnold Arquet.
The sheriff's department's internet crimes unit spent two months tracking him.
"Undercover detectives went on line and were able to connect with him and download pornographic images," said George Rosenthal with the Passaic County Sheriff's Department.
On Sergeant's computer police say they found thousands of images, many showing children involved in sex acts.
But that was just the beginning. What they didn't expect to find were 9 handguns, 16 riffles and tons of ammo, much of it illegal.
Sergeant was taken without incident.
"He was semi-cooporative. He gave us some information, but then he was evasive when it came to critical parts of the interview," added Rosenthal.
Passaic county and the Wayne police department consider this a huge bust.
Sergeant is being held on $75,000 bail.
He faces up to 10 years in prison and registering as a sex offender if convicted.
new jersey, wayne, pornography, local news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act