Funeral held for NJ police officer
TEANECK, NJ (WABC) -- Family and friends said goodbye to a New Jersey police officer Saturday morning.
The funeral service for 37-year-old Officer John Abraham took place in Teaneck.
He died Monday, when his patrol car slammed into a utility pole across the street from police headquarters.
Only hours earlier he had helped save a man that had been choking at a restaurant.
new jersey, teaneck, police officer dies, local news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
47 min ago