Hit and run reclassified as deadly beating
JACKSON HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police are investigating the deadly beating of a teenager in Queens that at first seemed to be a hit and run.
The battered body of a 15-year-old boy was found at the intersection of 37th Avenue and 91st Street in Jackson Heights Sunday night.
Police now believe the victim was beaten to death by a gang.
The boy's injuries were so severe that it was initially believed he was hit by a car.
Police say the boy recently had run away from a group home on Staten Island.
His identity has not yet been released pending family notification.
new york city, queens, jackson heights, assault, murder, local news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos