3 charged in CT Halloween superhero fight
STAMFORD (WABC) -- Police in Stamford had a comic book melee on their hands when they responded to a report of a fight involving Spiderman, Captain America and Poison Ivy.
The incident happened just after 1:30 a.m. on Halloween.
When officers arrived, they found a non-super hero victim on the ground being attacked by Captain America, while Spiderman launched a simultaneous attack on Captain America.
Officers quickly separated the combatants and determined that the non-costumed victim on the ground was Spiderman's father, and that he and Captain America had gotten into a dispute that turned physical. Spiderman then attacked Captain America.
At some point after the fight was broken up, Poison Ivy was able to hit Captain America once before she was taken into custody.
Officers later determined that in fact the combatants were not the real super heroes, merely regular people dressed in costumes.
Captain America was identified as 25-year-old Michael Sanchez, and police said Spiderman was actually 21-year-old Vincent Decaro. Poison Ivy was 18-year-old Nicole Bitterle, of Toms River, New Jersey.
Both super heroes and the villainess were arrested and released after posting bonds. They are scheduled to appear in court on November 12.
Sanchez is facing third-degree assault charges, while Decaro is charged with third-degree assault and interfering with a police officer. Bitterle was charged with breach of peace.
stamford, connecticut, halloween, assault, local news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City 13 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns 43 min ago
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness'
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
39 min ago