Yoga for runners
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Runners are known for repetition.
One stride leads to another and another and in a marathon we are talking about thousands of foot strikes.
So many runners have turned to yoga to focus these physical efforts inward.
Pure Yoga in New York City has partnered with the New York City Road Runners to create a yoga class specifically for runners.
Runners training for the marathon are taken through a set of fluid yoga poses that concentrate on the muscles used in running from the hamstrings, quads, back and along the outside of the leg.
It's a 6-week program that has a gradual build up of poses just like a runner would do as they increase their weekly mileage.
If you want to learn more about yoga for runners, check them out at pureyoga.com.
new york city, new york marathon, running, yoga, local news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 55 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 6 min ago
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event 19 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside! 56 min ago
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday 8 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos