Yoga for runners
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Runners are known for repetition.
One stride leads to another and another and in a marathon we are talking about thousands of foot strikes.
So many runners have turned to yoga to focus these physical efforts inward.
Pure Yoga in New York City has partnered with the New York City Road Runners to create a yoga class specifically for runners.
Runners training for the marathon are taken through a set of fluid yoga poses that concentrate on the muscles used in running from the hamstrings, quads, back and along the outside of the leg.
It's a 6-week program that has a gradual build up of poses just like a runner would do as they increase their weekly mileage.
If you want to learn more about yoga for runners, check them out at pureyoga.com.
new york city, new york marathon, running, yoga, local news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate 58 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 3 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win