Suspicious package at JFK had no explosives
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Port Authority and FBI investigated a suspicious package from Yemen at JFK Airport and found it to be safe.
The package was found at around 5:15 p.m. at the DHL Cargo building.
The building was evacuated as a precaution.
There were no explosives found.
New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne says the package contained a cell phone and paperwork.
new york city, terror threat, local news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 35 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 49 min ago
- Greenwich Village fatal bus-truck suspect due in court 24 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 41 min ago
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25 49 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos