Elderly woman robbed inside Wash. Heights apt.
WASHINGTON HEIGHTS (WABC) -- An elderly woman was robbed inside of her Washington Heights apartment. Wednesday, police released surveillance video.
Police are turning to the public to help catch the man who robbed a helpless old lady.
They have a piece of surveillance video to help find him.
The tape shows a heavy set man walking in a hallway then going up a set of stairs.
Police say that suspect barged into the 85-year-old woman's home, demanded her money, then took off running.
There's no word on how much he got.
It happened at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday in the vicinity of West 164th Street and Broadway.
The victim was not hurt.
Washington Heights residents Eyewitness News spoke to are sickened at the news, but not surprised.
The suspect is described as a man between 30-40 years old, 5'10-6'tall, and between 180-210 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a dark jacket, gray sweatshirt, and blue jeans with a dark hat.
If you have any information, you are asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, robbery, washington heights, local news, carolina leid
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 53 min ago
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 3 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
1 min ago