Police shooting suspect killed, 2nd wounded
ELIZABETH, N.J. -- Elizabeth police say officers fatally shot a robbery suspect and critically wounded another outside a city hotel early Saturday.
The shooting occurred just after 4 a.m. when police responded to a reported robbery at the Knight's Inn on Spring Street, not far from Newark Airport.
Authorities say that the armed suspects confronted police and a shootout ensued. No officers were injured.
One suspect was taken to Trinitas Hospital in traumatic arrest and was pronounced dead upon arrival. The other suspect went to University Hospital in Newark, where he was listed in critical condition.
Further details on the shooting were not immediately disclosed.
new jersey, police shooting, elizabeth, local news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments