Police shooting suspect killed, 2nd wounded
ELIZABETH, N.J. -- Elizabeth police say officers fatally shot a robbery suspect and critically wounded another outside a city hotel early Saturday.
The shooting occurred just after 4 a.m. when police responded to a reported robbery at the Knight's Inn on Spring Street, not far from Newark Airport.
Authorities say that the armed suspects confronted police and a shootout ensued. No officers were injured.
One suspect was taken to Trinitas Hospital in traumatic arrest and was pronounced dead upon arrival. The other suspect went to University Hospital in Newark, where he was listed in critical condition.
Further details on the shooting were not immediately disclosed.
new jersey, police shooting, elizabeth, local news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures