Outage closes 2 county buildings in A.C.
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- Officials say a power outage kept two county buildings in Atlantic City closed throughout the day on Monday.
Atlantic City Electric spokeswoman Sandra May said that about 500 homes and businesses lost their power just before 7 a.m.
An Atlantic County office building and civil courthouse were closed.
The cause of the outage was not immediately clear, though the Jersey shore was hit hard by strong early morning winds.
The city's casinos were not affected.
new jersey, atlantic city, power outage, local news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83