Outage closes 2 county buildings in A.C.
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- Officials say a power outage kept two county buildings in Atlantic City closed throughout the day on Monday.
Atlantic City Electric spokeswoman Sandra May said that about 500 homes and businesses lost their power just before 7 a.m.
An Atlantic County office building and civil courthouse were closed.
The cause of the outage was not immediately clear, though the Jersey shore was hit hard by strong early morning winds.
The city's casinos were not affected.
new jersey, atlantic city, power outage, local news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 43 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos