Cars set on fire in Wanaque and Ringwood
WANAQUE, NJ (WABC) -- Police are investigating a rash of vandalism in Wanaque and Ringwood.
It all began last Thursday when 29 mailboxes were knocked off of their posts.
Six of them were used to break the windows of cars.
The mailbox incidents happened in Chatham Estates in Wanaque and Skyline Lakes in Ringwood.
Then, early Saturday morning, four vehicles were set on fire.
The first car was set on fire on Edward Drive in Ringwood.
Then, two vehicles were charred on Colfax Avenue in Wanaque.
The last was torched on Norman Court, also in Wanaque.
The damage in the area so far is estimated at $30,000.
If anyone has seen anything suspicious, they are asked to call the police.
You can reach the Ringwood Police at (973) 962-7017. The Wanaque Police can be reached at (973) 835-5600.
new jersey, fire, vandalism, local news, jim dolan
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey 26 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families 53 min ago
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 47 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 44 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos