Cars set on fire in Wanaque and Ringwood
WANAQUE, NJ (WABC) -- Police are investigating a rash of vandalism in Wanaque and Ringwood.
It all began last Thursday when 29 mailboxes were knocked off of their posts.
Six of them were used to break the windows of cars.
The mailbox incidents happened in Chatham Estates in Wanaque and Skyline Lakes in Ringwood.
Then, early Saturday morning, four vehicles were set on fire.
The first car was set on fire on Edward Drive in Ringwood.
Then, two vehicles were charred on Colfax Avenue in Wanaque.
The last was torched on Norman Court, also in Wanaque.
The damage in the area so far is estimated at $30,000.
If anyone has seen anything suspicious, they are asked to call the police.
You can reach the Ringwood Police at (973) 962-7017. The Wanaque Police can be reached at (973) 835-5600.
new jersey, fire, vandalism, local news, jim dolan
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos