Cars set on fire in Wanaque and Ringwood
WANAQUE, NJ (WABC) -- Police are investigating a rash of vandalism in Wanaque and Ringwood.
It all began last Thursday when 29 mailboxes were knocked off of their posts.
Six of them were used to break the windows of cars.
The mailbox incidents happened in Chatham Estates in Wanaque and Skyline Lakes in Ringwood.
Then, early Saturday morning, four vehicles were set on fire.
The first car was set on fire on Edward Drive in Ringwood.
Then, two vehicles were charred on Colfax Avenue in Wanaque.
The last was torched on Norman Court, also in Wanaque.
The damage in the area so far is estimated at $30,000.
If anyone has seen anything suspicious, they are asked to call the police.
You can reach the Ringwood Police at (973) 962-7017. The Wanaque Police can be reached at (973) 835-5600.
new jersey, fire, vandalism, local news, jim dolan
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 32 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
32 min ago