Man killed in double shooting in Brooklyn restaurant
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Two people were shot, one fatally, when gunfire erupted inside a Chinese restaurant in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn.
The incident happened inside the Wien Far Kitchen on Church Avenue just after 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Police say at least six shots were fired and two 20-year-old men were struck. One was shot in the back and pronounced dead. The second was shot in the leg and rushed to Kings County Hospital in stable condition.
A restaurant worker was hit when the bullets shattered the bullet resistant glass at the counter, sending shrapnel flying into his torso. The worker was also in stable condition.
Two gunmen fled the scene, and no arrests were immediately made.
Authorities are investigating the circumstances of the shooting.
crime, shooting, east flatbush, brooklyn, murder, local news
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session 46 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 41 min ago
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 14 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam,...
41 min ago