Man killed in double shooting in Brooklyn restaurant
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Two people were shot, one fatally, when gunfire erupted inside a Chinese restaurant in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn.
The incident happened inside the Wien Far Kitchen on Church Avenue just after 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Police say at least six shots were fired and two 20-year-old men were struck. One was shot in the back and pronounced dead. The second was shot in the leg and rushed to Kings County Hospital in stable condition.
A restaurant worker was hit when the bullets shattered the bullet resistant glass at the counter, sending shrapnel flying into his torso. The worker was also in stable condition.
Two gunmen fled the scene, and no arrests were immediately made.
Authorities are investigating the circumstances of the shooting.
crime, shooting, east flatbush, brooklyn, murder, local news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 27 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
8 min ago