Judge rips environmental review of Atlantic Yards
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A New York judge is ripping into state officials for mishandling the environmental review of the Atlantic Yards project.
Published reports say the judge has ordered the Empire State Development Corporation to rework its environmental review.
The ruling will not halt ongoing construction of the arena, which will become the new home for the Nets, but it is the first legal victory for groups trying to block the project.
Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.
new york city, brooklyn, atlantic yards, local news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 12 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 41 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos