Police search for suspect in identity theft ring
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is new information on an identity theft and bank fraud ring that targeted hundreds of victims in New York City.
Police arrested more than a dozen suspects, but they say one of the main recruiters is still on the loose.
Her name is Raven Moses.
The scheme, busted last year, involved thousands of counterfeit checks and several commercial banks in Manhattan.
Police say Moses and the others obtained bank account information from 500 victims.
They used that information to print fake checks, which they then cashed.
new york city, identity theft, fraud, local news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 28 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 2 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
15 min ago