Police search for suspect in identity theft ring
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is new information on an identity theft and bank fraud ring that targeted hundreds of victims in New York City.
Police arrested more than a dozen suspects, but they say one of the main recruiters is still on the loose.
Her name is Raven Moses.
The scheme, busted last year, involved thousands of counterfeit checks and several commercial banks in Manhattan.
Police say Moses and the others obtained bank account information from 500 victims.
They used that information to print fake checks, which they then cashed.
new york city, identity theft, fraud, local news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 1 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
1 min ago