Fire delays open at Setauket junior high school
SETAUKET (WABC) -- Class is delayed by three hours at Gelinas Junior High School on Long Island due to a fire early Thursday.
The Setauket Fire Department was able to get the fire under control at the clock tower in about an hour.
But crews continue to cleanup the area involved.
Students should arrive at their bus stop three hours later. Staff is asked to report to school at 8:30 a.m.
No one was injured in the fire, and there is no word on the cause.
fire, long island, setauket, local news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey