Fire delays open at Setauket junior high school
SETAUKET (WABC) -- Class is delayed by three hours at Gelinas Junior High School on Long Island due to a fire early Thursday.
The Setauket Fire Department was able to get the fire under control at the clock tower in about an hour.
But crews continue to cleanup the area involved.
Students should arrive at their bus stop three hours later. Staff is asked to report to school at 8:30 a.m.
No one was injured in the fire, and there is no word on the cause.
fire, long island, setauket, local news
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead 39 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg 25 min ago
- Bratton visits Sharpton at National Action Network 8 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
39 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
50 min ago