Teenage boys arrested in apparent bias beating
WILLIAMSBURG (WABC) -- Police arrested two teens accused of beating an Orthodox Jewish man, and the attack is being investigated as a bias crime.
"It makes me feel good, very good," said Sam Fischer, Be'er Hatorah Yeshiva.
Rabbis and Torah students left their Yeshiva feeling safer Tuesday night, for the first time in nearly two weeks.
Two teenagers were arrested in a series of violent robberies that investigators say may have been motivated by anti-Semitism.
The attacks happened on the street outside Yeshiva Be'er Hatorah.
At least two of the victims were Orthodox Jews.
The latest, 44-year-old Moishe Guttman, was beaten and robbed after a Hanukkah party just Monday night.
Another man was nearly killed late last month.
The suspects are 14 and 15-years-old.
They were chased down by local security patrols minutes after Monday night's incident.
The city's police commissioner says the boys admitted to five attacks.
The motive, he says, was chilling.
"They stated they did it for fun. We spoke to one of the boy's mothers and she said he's very aggressive," said Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.
hate crime, williamsburg, brooklyn, new york city, local news, n.j. burkett
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: Snow Alert issued for Tuesday 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Multiple children injured in Toms River bus accident 13 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 46 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 16 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
46 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Snow Alert issued for...
1 min ago