Boyfriend indicted in SoHo House hotel death case
MEATPACKING DISTRICT (WABC) -- An Academy Award-winning songwriter's son has been indicted in the investigation surrounding a swimsuit designer's death at a chic New York hotel.
Manhattan prosecutors announced Nicholas Brooks' indictment Thursday. However, the charge and details won't be released until a later court date. That's standard practice.
Brooks is being held without bail on initial charges of attempted murder and strangulation.
Designer Sylvie Cachay was found dead in an overflowing bathtub at the SoHo House hotel Dec. 9.
Brooks wasn't in court Thursday. His lawyer says Brooks did not testify before the grand jury.
The 24-year-old defendant's father is "You Light Up My Life" writer Joseph Brooks.
new york city, nicholas brooks, sylvie cachay, meatpacking district, soho, soho house, body found, investigation, local news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos