Boyfriend indicted in SoHo House hotel death case
MEATPACKING DISTRICT (WABC) -- An Academy Award-winning songwriter's son has been indicted in the investigation surrounding a swimsuit designer's death at a chic New York hotel.
Manhattan prosecutors announced Nicholas Brooks' indictment Thursday. However, the charge and details won't be released until a later court date. That's standard practice.
Brooks is being held without bail on initial charges of attempted murder and strangulation.
Designer Sylvie Cachay was found dead in an overflowing bathtub at the SoHo House hotel Dec. 9.
Brooks wasn't in court Thursday. His lawyer says Brooks did not testify before the grand jury.
The 24-year-old defendant's father is "You Light Up My Life" writer Joseph Brooks.
new york city, nicholas brooks, sylvie cachay, meatpacking district, soho, soho house, body found, investigation, local news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman 59 min ago
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns 43 min ago
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 25 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos