Is there a way to win Mega Millions lottery?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- When it comes to winning the lottery, is there a method to the madness?
According to Richard Lustig there is, he's picked the winning numbers 7 times.
His success story has been featured on TLC's "The Lottery Changed My Life" and even wrote a book "Learn how to increase your chances of winning the lottery."
His advice: "Don't do quick picks, select your own numbers," he said.
He also encourages people to do research. "Go online and make sure the set or sets of numbers you play have never been played before. That's important," adds Lustig.
But not everyone buys his method. Some comments on line are critical.
As we all know the odds of winning are slim.
But with a Mega-Millions jackpot that will be nearly $237 million, you can bet hundreds of thousands of people are willing to try their luck.
You can see the next Mega Millions drawing live Friday night, right before Eyewitness News at 11 p.m.
mega millions, lottery, local news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 4 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos