Teen shot outside Mount Vernon high school
MOUNT VERNON -- A 16-year-old student has reportedly been shot outside a suburban New York high school as a crowd was leaving a basketball game.
The Journal News says it happened just before 6 p.m. Thursday outside Mount Vernon High School as the Mount Vernon-White Plains basketball game was ending.
The newspaper says police at the scene confirmed the shooting, but gave no other details.
Schools spokeswoman Desiree Grand told the Journal News that the victim was a 16-year-old high school student. She did not know his condition or what prompted the shooting.
Mount Vernon Police Department officials would not comment on the shooting but said details would be released Friday morning.
crime, shooting, mount vernon, local news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos