Teen shot outside Mount Vernon high school
MOUNT VERNON -- A 16-year-old student has reportedly been shot outside a suburban New York high school as a crowd was leaving a basketball game.
The Journal News says it happened just before 6 p.m. Thursday outside Mount Vernon High School as the Mount Vernon-White Plains basketball game was ending.
The newspaper says police at the scene confirmed the shooting, but gave no other details.
Schools spokeswoman Desiree Grand told the Journal News that the victim was a 16-year-old high school student. She did not know his condition or what prompted the shooting.
Mount Vernon Police Department officials would not comment on the shooting but said details would be released Friday morning.
crime, shooting, mount vernon, local news
- House fire in New Brunswick 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire 17 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 21 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside! 4 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
52 min ago