Authorities investigate fatal Long Island fire
MASTIC (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating a house fire on Long Island that killed a 56-year-old woman.
Suffolk County police say the woman was pronounced dead early Thursday morning inside her Mastic home. The Suffolk County police homicide and arson squad is investigating.
Police say the woman's husband called 911 at 12:30 a.m. to report the fire.
They say the Neptune Avenue house was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived on the scene.
fire, mastic, long island, deadly fire, local news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos