Bicyclist fatally struck in hit and run on BQE
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A bicyclist was killed on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway after he was struck by two vehicles, one of which left the scene.
Police say the victim was hit in the westbound lanes, near Atlantic Avenue, just before 4:30 a.m. Thursday.
The first vehicle to hit him left the scene. A second vehicle then struck the bicyclist, and that vehicle stopped.
The victim was rushed to Long Island College Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The ensuing police investigation closed several westbound lanes at Atlantic Avenue for the morning commute.
hit and run accident, accident, crime, brooklyn, local news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation 1 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 52 min ago
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 56 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare 30 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 27 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million