Bicyclist fatally struck in hit and run on BQE
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A bicyclist was killed on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway after he was struck by two vehicles, one of which left the scene.
Police say the victim was hit in the westbound lanes, near Atlantic Avenue, just before 4:30 a.m. Thursday.
The first vehicle to hit him left the scene. A second vehicle then struck the bicyclist, and that vehicle stopped.
The victim was rushed to Long Island College Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The ensuing police investigation closed several westbound lanes at Atlantic Avenue for the morning commute.
hit and run accident, accident, crime, brooklyn, local news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 4 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos