Elderly man critical after three-house Bronx fire
EAST TREMONT (WABC) -- An elderly man was critically injured in a third-alarm fire that tore through three homes in the East Tremont section of the Bronx.
The fire broke out in one home on Arthur Avenue just after 1:30 a.m. Tuesday and quickly spread to two others.
A 79-year-old man was pulled from the flames. He is in critical condition at St. Barnabas Hospital.
Three families were left homeless.
It took firefighters more than an hour to put out the flames.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, bronx, east tremont, new york city, local news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Woman charged in fatal hit-and-run in Stamford 48 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing 58 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos