Woman, 71, found dead in Long Island house fire
MINEOLA (WABC) -- A fatal fire is under investigation on Long Island Tuesday.
The flames broke out at a two-family home on Jackson Avenue in Mineola.
The blaze started just after midnight in the basement, then spread through the entire house.
Firefighters extinguished the fire and then discovered the body of a 71-year-old woman while searching through the debris.
Investigators say the fire did not appear to be suspicious. They are working to determine the cause.
fire, mineola, long island, deadly fire, local news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 36 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014