Kids suffer apparent CO attack while mom shovels out car
BRONX (WABC) -- Two young girls were pulled from a car in front of 31 West Tremont Avenue possibly suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The kids' mother was shoveling the car out and put the children in the car to keep warm around 4 p.m.
Officials say it appears the exhaust pipe was covered with snow and carbon monoxide built up in the vehicle.
The kids, 4 and 7 years old, were rushed to the hospital in respiratory arrest.
Officials say both girls woke up and started crying on the way to the hospital, so it appears they're going to be ok.
The younger girl went to Bronx Lebanon and the older to Jacobi.
DO YOU HAVE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS TO ADD TO THIS STORY? CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD THEM TO IWITNESS.7ONLINE.COM, OR E-MAIL THEM TO IWITNESS@WABC.COM
breaking news, local news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 32 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 17 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
17 min ago