Deliveryman in critical condition after hit and run
MIDTOWN -- Police say a New York City food deliveryman is in critical condition after his bicycle was struck by a drunken hit-and-run driver.
The accident happened Friday night on Eighth Avenue in midtown.
Police said 40-year-old Clark Gettinger was driving a 2001 Lexus northbound when he first hit a taxi and then hit the bicyclist from behind.
Deliveryman Ricardo Gonzalez fell off the bike and slid under an SUV.
The 27-year-old Gonzalez was taken to Bellevue Hospital in critical condition.
Witnesses told police that Gettinger never slowed down. He was later pulled over and arrested.
Gettinger pleaded not guilty on Saturday to charges including driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident.
hit and run accident, accident, crime, new york city, manhattan, midtown, local news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos