Deliveryman in critical condition after hit and run
MIDTOWN -- Police say a New York City food deliveryman is in critical condition after his bicycle was struck by a drunken hit-and-run driver.
The accident happened Friday night on Eighth Avenue in midtown.
Police said 40-year-old Clark Gettinger was driving a 2001 Lexus northbound when he first hit a taxi and then hit the bicyclist from behind.
Deliveryman Ricardo Gonzalez fell off the bike and slid under an SUV.
The 27-year-old Gonzalez was taken to Bellevue Hospital in critical condition.
Witnesses told police that Gettinger never slowed down. He was later pulled over and arrested.
Gettinger pleaded not guilty on Saturday to charges including driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident.
hit and run accident, accident, crime, new york city, manhattan, midtown, local news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 38 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 12 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years