NJ woman, 90, dies after bus hits her
FORT LEE -- Authorities in northern New Jersey say a 90-year-old woman critically injured when she was struck by a commuter bus that then left the scene has died from injuries.
The Bergen County Prosecutor's Office says Soon Yae Kim of Fort Lee was hit near Main Street in Fort Lee around 9 a.m. Friday.
She was taken to Hackensack University Medical Center with internal injuries and injuries to her back, face and left arm, and she died there that night.
Fort Lee Police Capt. Roy Bortolus said it's still not clear whether the driver knew he had struck someone. He said no charges had been filed as of Sunday afternoon, though the investigation was ongoing.
The Coach USA bus was going from Fort Lee to Bergen Community College.
hit and run accident, accident, crime, fort lee, new jersey, local news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation