NJ woman, 90, dies after bus hits her
FORT LEE -- Authorities in northern New Jersey say a 90-year-old woman critically injured when she was struck by a commuter bus that then left the scene has died from injuries.
The Bergen County Prosecutor's Office says Soon Yae Kim of Fort Lee was hit near Main Street in Fort Lee around 9 a.m. Friday.
She was taken to Hackensack University Medical Center with internal injuries and injuries to her back, face and left arm, and she died there that night.
Fort Lee Police Capt. Roy Bortolus said it's still not clear whether the driver knew he had struck someone. He said no charges had been filed as of Sunday afternoon, though the investigation was ongoing.
The Coach USA bus was going from Fort Lee to Bergen Community College.
hit and run accident, accident, crime, fort lee, new jersey, local news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 42 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- India demands apology for diplomat arrest in Manhattan 37 min ago
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban 32 min ago
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300