NJ woman, 90, dies after bus hits her
FORT LEE -- Authorities in northern New Jersey say a 90-year-old woman critically injured when she was struck by a commuter bus that then left the scene has died from injuries.
The Bergen County Prosecutor's Office says Soon Yae Kim of Fort Lee was hit near Main Street in Fort Lee around 9 a.m. Friday.
She was taken to Hackensack University Medical Center with internal injuries and injuries to her back, face and left arm, and she died there that night.
Fort Lee Police Capt. Roy Bortolus said it's still not clear whether the driver knew he had struck someone. He said no charges had been filed as of Sunday afternoon, though the investigation was ongoing.
The Coach USA bus was going from Fort Lee to Bergen Community College.
hit and run accident, accident, crime, fort lee, new jersey, local news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 59 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
25 min ago