3 firefighters seriously hurt in Long Island fire
HAMPTON BAYS -- Three firefighters on New York's Long Island have been seriously injured after a floor collapsed as they battled a house fire.
Sgt. Todd Spencer says two other firefighters suffered minor injuries.
He says the firefighters were on the first floor of the Hampton Bays home when the floor collapsed and they fell into the basement.
He says four fire departments helped put out the blaze early Monday.
One firefighter suffered head injuries and burns, and another had burns to his head, neck and hands. The third firefighter's injuries were not immediately known. Spencer says none of the injuries are life-threatening.
The occupants of the house escaped unhurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, hamptons, long island, local news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos