3 firefighters seriously hurt in Long Island fire
HAMPTON BAYS -- Three firefighters on New York's Long Island have been seriously injured after a floor collapsed as they battled a house fire.
Sgt. Todd Spencer says two other firefighters suffered minor injuries.
He says the firefighters were on the first floor of the Hampton Bays home when the floor collapsed and they fell into the basement.
He says four fire departments helped put out the blaze early Monday.
One firefighter suffered head injuries and burns, and another had burns to his head, neck and hands. The third firefighter's injuries were not immediately known. Spencer says none of the injuries are life-threatening.
The occupants of the house escaped unhurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, hamptons, long island, local news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 39 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma 22 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
47 min ago