3 firefighters seriously hurt in Long Island fire
HAMPTON BAYS -- Three firefighters on New York's Long Island have been seriously injured after a floor collapsed as they battled a house fire.
Sgt. Todd Spencer says two other firefighters suffered minor injuries.
He says the firefighters were on the first floor of the Hampton Bays home when the floor collapsed and they fell into the basement.
He says four fire departments helped put out the blaze early Monday.
One firefighter suffered head injuries and burns, and another had burns to his head, neck and hands. The third firefighter's injuries were not immediately known. Spencer says none of the injuries are life-threatening.
The occupants of the house escaped unhurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, hamptons, long island, local news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China 37 min ago
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 47 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
11 min ago