Woman dies after being pulled from Park Slope fire
PARK SLOPE (WABC) -- A disabled woman died hours after a fire in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn Friday morning.
The victim was pulled from the fire on the top floor of a Fifth Avenue apartment building just before 6:30 a.m.
She was rushed to New York Methodist Hospital in cardiac arrest.
The victim, in her 60s, lives alone and has a home care attendant during the day.
She died later at the hospital.
Other residents were forced to flee the building, and waited on the sidewalk.
Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control.
The cause is under investigation.
fire, new york city, park slope, brooklyn, local news
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 6 min ago
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings
32 min ago