Judge allows exhumation of Gacy victim
October 6, 2011 (HILLSIDE, Ill.) -- A Cook County judge has approved a mother's request to exhume the remains of one of serial killer John Wayne Gacy's victims.The mother of Michael Marino has long questioned whether the remains buried at Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Hillside are that of her son. Michael, 14, was one of Gacy's youngest victims.
Sherry Marino requested the exhumation after her attorney discovered discrepancies between the medical examiner's report and her son's dental records and X-rays.
She wants DNA tests conducted on the remains. The Marino family must now come up with the money to pay for the testing and the exhumation.
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes 47 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 1 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 18 min ago
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety 28 min ago
- Tree trouble in Dumont 52 min ago
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades 55 min ago
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos