Person once believed a victim of Gacy alive
October 26, 2011 -- A man thought to be one of John Wayne Gacy's victims has been located in Florida.
According to ABC7 Chicago news partner Daily Herald, family members last heard from Harold Wayne Lovell about 33 years ago.
He told family members he was heading to Aurora for a construction job. He never returned and his family thought he had probably crossed paths with Gacy.
Instead, Lovell left home because of a battle with his stepfather.
Family members stumbled across the fact he was alive when they were getting ready to submit a DNA sample.
Earlier this month, the Cook County Sheriff's Office opened a probe into the eight remaining unidentified Gacy victims.
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County 21 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 3 min ago
- No remains found in latest Jimmy Hoffa search 21 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies 59 min ago
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos