Person once believed a victim of Gacy alive
October 26, 2011 -- A man thought to be one of John Wayne Gacy's victims has been located in Florida.
According to ABC7 Chicago news partner Daily Herald, family members last heard from Harold Wayne Lovell about 33 years ago.
He told family members he was heading to Aurora for a construction job. He never returned and his family thought he had probably crossed paths with Gacy.
Instead, Lovell left home because of a battle with his stepfather.
Family members stumbled across the fact he was alive when they were getting ready to submit a DNA sample.
Earlier this month, the Cook County Sheriff's Office opened a probe into the eight remaining unidentified Gacy victims.
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 9 min ago
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 50 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 49 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 8 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
9 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
5 min ago