Pace buses can drive shoulder during commute
Gov. Pat Quinn was scheduled to join Pace officials Monday to talk about a new plan to speed up the commute.
Starting next Monday, Pace buses will run in the shoulder lanes of the Stevenson Expressway.
It's part of a two-year pilot program to encourage Pace bus use.
Pace coach buses will uses the left shoulder lanes only during rush hours between I-355 and Kedzie.
The buses will use the shoulder only when traffic crawls to less than 35 miles an hour.
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds 35 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos