Pace buses can drive shoulder during commute
Gov. Pat Quinn was scheduled to join Pace officials Monday to talk about a new plan to speed up the commute.
Starting next Monday, Pace buses will run in the shoulder lanes of the Stevenson Expressway.
It's part of a two-year pilot program to encourage Pace bus use.
Pace coach buses will uses the left shoulder lanes only during rush hours between I-355 and Kedzie.
The buses will use the shoulder only when traffic crawls to less than 35 miles an hour.
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97