LI $208 million Mega Millions winner announced
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The winner of the $208 million Mega Millions jackpot from the December 27 drawing was introduced Friday at the King Kullen store on Middle Country Road on Long Island.
Daniel Bruckner, 35, is from California. He was visiting family and friends in Middle Island when he picked up a quick pick at the supermarket.
It was the largest lottery jackpot won in Long Island history. The lump sum payout should top $153 million before taxes.
The winning numbers were 23-32-33-39-43. The mega ball was 8.
At least three local residents also scored $250,000 by hitting the five numbers but not the mega ball.
Those tickets were sold at a Chestnut Marts in White Plains, a 24-Hour Deli Grocery in the Bronx and a Stop 1 in Jamaica, Queens.
You can watch the Mega Millions drawing Tuesdays and Fridays on Channel 7, right before Eyewitness News at 11.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mega millions, lottery, local news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies 27 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial 38 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 5 min ago