LI $208 million Mega Millions winner announced
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The winner of the $208 million Mega Millions jackpot from the December 27 drawing was introduced Friday at the King Kullen store on Middle Country Road on Long Island.
Daniel Bruckner, 35, is from California. He was visiting family and friends in Middle Island when he picked up a quick pick at the supermarket.
It was the largest lottery jackpot won in Long Island history. The lump sum payout should top $153 million before taxes.
The winning numbers were 23-32-33-39-43. The mega ball was 8.
At least three local residents also scored $250,000 by hitting the five numbers but not the mega ball.
Those tickets were sold at a Chestnut Marts in White Plains, a 24-Hour Deli Grocery in the Bronx and a Stop 1 in Jamaica, Queens.
You can watch the Mega Millions drawing Tuesdays and Fridays on Channel 7, right before Eyewitness News at 11.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mega millions, lottery, local news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident