Elmont High School Powerball pool nets $1 million
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WABC) -- While there was only big winner of last week's $336 million Powerball jackpot, a group on Long Island is also cashing in.
More than 100 workers at Elmont High School pooled their money together and came within one number of the big prize.
They won $1 million.
Officials say that works out to about $4,000 each after taxes.
Multi-State Lottery Association: http://www.powerball.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lottery, powerball, local news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 17 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 36 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 38 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Body found near home of Pats' Aaron Hernandez was homicide victim 26 min ago
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos