Man dies soon after burying wife
OXFORD, N.C. -- According to the North Carolina Highway Patrol, an Oxford man died in a car crash Sunday just hours after attending his wife's funeral.
Patrol spokesman Sgt. Jeff Gordon said 37-year-old Barry Michael Morris was headed along Enon Road about six miles south of Oxford when his SUV hit a culvert, overturned, and caught fire.
Morris was declared dead that the Granville Medical Center at 7:37 p.m.
At 2 p.m. Sunday, Morris had been at a funeral service for his wife Donna Faye Franklin Morris, 40, at a church in Henderson.
granville county, accident, local/state
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 57 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 50 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park