Megan Boken Murder: Visitation held for ex-Wheaton volleyball player murdered in St. Louis
August 22, 2012 (WHEATON, Ill.) -- Visitation is being held Wednesday for a suburban volleyball star who was killed in St. Louis last weekend.
Family and friends are remembering Megan Boken during a visitation at St. Francis High School. Her funeral is Thursday morning at St. Michael Catholic Church in Wheaton.
A $31,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to the arrest of Boken's killer.
The young woman's friends raised nearly half of the money for that reward.
The 23-year old Wheaton native was shot Saturday in St. Louis. She was there to play in an alumni volleyball game at her alma mater, Saint Louis University.
Boken was shot in the neck and chest during what police believe was a robbery attempt.
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring 8 min ago
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
21 min ago