2 motorcyclists injured in I-40 crash
DURHAM COUNTY -- Traffic on Interstate 40 westbound at exit 281 was tied up for hours following an accident Friday evening.
Police said two motorcyclists were traveling west on Interstate 40 when they noticed traffic ahead and prepared to slow down. The hard and quick braking of the motorcycles then caused the two motorcycles to crash into each other.
One rider fell off of his motorcycle and was struck by a motor vehicle. The other motorcycle ran off the road to the right and landed on the shoulder.
Both riders were transported to Duke Hospital with serious injuries. The operator of the motor vehicle was not injured.
Traffic was temporarily reduced from four lanes to two for scene processing.
All lanes reopened around 9 p.m.
The investigation is still on-going and no charges have been filed at last report.
durham county, i40, local/state
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills 50 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos