9/11 Street Closures
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The following is a list of streets in the area of lower Manhattan that will be impacted by the events surrounding the annual September 11th Memorial Ceremony:
- West Street will remain OPEN to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. However trucks will not be permitted northbound on West Street from the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to Vesey Street. Trucks will be diverted from the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to Trinity Place/Church Street to travel north.
- Church Streets/Trinity Place and Broadway will remain OPEN.
- The Liberty Street pedestrian bridge will be closed from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 11, 2012.
The following streets will be closed to traffic from 12:01 AM until 5:00 PM Tuesday, September 11, 2012 (subject to change). Pedestrian access will be very limited:
- Liberty, Cedar, and Thames Streets between Greenwich Street and Trinity Place
- Greenwich Street between Liberty and Carlisle Streets
- Albany Street between West and Greenwich Streets
- Washington Street between Liberty and Carlisle Streets
- Vesey Street between Church Street and Broadway
september 11, world trade center, local news
Also SeeStory:Lauren DeFranco reflects on 9/11
Story:Anthony Johnson reflects on the 9/11 attacks
Story:Sandra Bookman reflects on the 9/11 attacks
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
54 min ago