NW suburban man charged in alleged Oklahoma church-burning plot
October 6, 2012 (OTTOWA COUNTY, Okla.) -- A man from the northwest suburbs is in an Oklahoma jail, accused of planning to burn down nearly 50 churches.
A man from the northwest suburbs is in an Oklahoma jail, accused of planning to burn down nearly 50 churches.
Gregory Weiler was being held without bond Sunday night in Ottawa County, Oklahoma.
Weiler graduated from Elk Grove High School and attended Bradley University.
He left to join a religious group in Missouri.
Weiler was allegedly gathering materials to make dozens of Molotov cocktails.
He is charged with threat to use explosives and a violation of Oklahoma's Anti-Terrorism Act.
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
31 min ago