Columbus Day to see closures, parade
October 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday that will leave most city, state, county and federal offices and courts closed.
Post offices will also be closed and there will be no mail delivery.
CTA will be operating on a normal schedule and Chicago public libraries will be open.
For the first time in years, Chicago Public Schools will be in session because students and teachers need to make up days lost due to the teachers strike.
Also Monday, Chicago will host the 60th annual Columbus Day Parade.
It starts at 12:30 p.m. and goes along Columbus Drive from Balbo to Monroe.
This year's parade will honor Italians who made America great.
Retired sun-times columnist Stella Foster is the grand marshal.
You can watch the parade live on our 7.2 and 7.3 stations, on Comcast 217 and 244, wide open West 101 and 219, or RNC channels 321 and 618.
It will also stream live online at ABC7Chicago.com.
Janet Davies and Mark Giangreco are the hosts.
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 5 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 55 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 2 min ago
- First lawsuit filed in East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
5 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
2 min ago