Not first disappearance for Volo mother, says husband
October 12, 2012 (VOLO, Ill.) -- As the search for a missing mother and her children enters a new phase, ABC7 News has learned the north suburban woman may have disappeared before.
Friends say the estranged husband of the missing woman is distraught. He was behind an effort Friday night to hand out fliers to everyone.
Their goal is to have fliers in as many places as possible. They have no idea where 33-year-old Aneta Marsek may have gone so they plan to blanket the greater Chicago area.
"I'm going to take them back home with me and probably give them to some of the businesses around there," said friend Walter Kozlowski.
"We just pray that someone out there has seen her and if she sees this that she knows that she's loved," said friend Lynn Zelinski.
Aneta's estranged husband Dan Marsek organized Friday night's effort, though he declined to come himself.
He did however just Thurday file an order of protection against his missing wife.
Among the allegations he makes is that she has disappeared three other times during the marriage, January, March and May of 2012, and she has kept the children from him for two months.
Aneta Marsek filed for divorce in June shortly before giving birth to Macenzie, the youngest daughter. She also asked for an order of protection, but it was later dropped.
Friends and family say the issues could be worked out. But first they need to find her and the kids.
"We've done everything we possibly can, the police are doing everything. The families are both working together just trying to bring her home," said friend Kristi Kunish.
The family had nothing to say about the order of protection, but they do say, however, that she was planning on moving out of her house in Volo and move in with her parents. Instead, there is a vigil planned outside the home for Saturday.
local, john garcia
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos