Not first disappearance for Volo mother, says husband
October 12, 2012 (VOLO, Ill.) -- As the search for a missing mother and her children enters a new phase, ABC7 News has learned the north suburban woman may have disappeared before.
Friends say the estranged husband of the missing woman is distraught. He was behind an effort Friday night to hand out fliers to everyone.
Their goal is to have fliers in as many places as possible. They have no idea where 33-year-old Aneta Marsek may have gone so they plan to blanket the greater Chicago area.
"I'm going to take them back home with me and probably give them to some of the businesses around there," said friend Walter Kozlowski.
"We just pray that someone out there has seen her and if she sees this that she knows that she's loved," said friend Lynn Zelinski.
Aneta's estranged husband Dan Marsek organized Friday night's effort, though he declined to come himself.
He did however just Thurday file an order of protection against his missing wife.
Among the allegations he makes is that she has disappeared three other times during the marriage, January, March and May of 2012, and she has kept the children from him for two months.
Aneta Marsek filed for divorce in June shortly before giving birth to Macenzie, the youngest daughter. She also asked for an order of protection, but it was later dropped.
Friends and family say the issues could be worked out. But first they need to find her and the kids.
"We've done everything we possibly can, the police are doing everything. The families are both working together just trying to bring her home," said friend Kristi Kunish.
The family had nothing to say about the order of protection, but they do say, however, that she was planning on moving out of her house in Volo and move in with her parents. Instead, there is a vigil planned outside the home for Saturday.
local, john garcia
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- President Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 22 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 51 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes 31 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide