6 charged in Maine West hazing case
October 12, 2012 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) -- New details have emerged about an alleged hazing case involving soccer players at Maine West High School.
Friday night, Des Plaines police told ABC7 that six players were charged Thursday with misdemeanor hazing and battery.
Those charged are between 15 and 17 years old.
Another player says team members were pushed.
The district has temporarily reassigned five coaches including two teachers.
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City 40 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 3 min ago
- Photos: Yaphank Church Fire 6 min ago
- Firefighters battle Washington Heights building fire 14 min ago
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning 1 min ago
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness'
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia