Occupy Chicago celebrates 1 year after Grant Park march
October 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Occupy Chicago demonstrators celebrated in Grant Park Monday night, marking the one year anniversary of the march that ended with the group's eviction from Grant Park.
Demonstrators rallied at Jackson and LaSalle Monday night, then marched to Congress Plaza in Grant Park where they held a free speech fest.
One year ago, many of the same people made the same trip in an effort to set up a camp at the park. Nearly 200 were arrested. But in September a judge ruled that the group's eviction was illegal.
Occupy Chicago says the event is a celebration of their resistance.
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 4 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 33 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 16 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 36 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 37 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
7 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
16 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
37 min ago