Occupy Chicago celebrates 1 year after Grant Park march
October 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Occupy Chicago demonstrators celebrated in Grant Park Monday night, marking the one year anniversary of the march that ended with the group's eviction from Grant Park.
Demonstrators rallied at Jackson and LaSalle Monday night, then marched to Congress Plaza in Grant Park where they held a free speech fest.
One year ago, many of the same people made the same trip in an effort to set up a camp at the park. Nearly 200 were arrested. But in September a judge ruled that the group's eviction was illegal.
Occupy Chicago says the event is a celebration of their resistance.
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen