Metra conductor attacked on BNSF train
October 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A Metra conductor was assaulted on BNSF Train No. 1268 from Aurora to Downtown Chicago near Western Avenue on Monday afternoon.
Officials say that a passenger attacked the conductor in an attempted robbery on the inbound Burlington Northern Santa Fe line. The train was stopped for about an hour at the Western Avenue station.
There is no word on whether anyone was injured in the assault, but paramedics were called.
Metra police say one person was taken into custody soon after the attack.
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos