Metra conductor attacked on BNSF train
October 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A Metra conductor was assaulted on BNSF Train No. 1268 from Aurora to Downtown Chicago near Western Avenue on Monday afternoon.
Officials say that a passenger attacked the conductor in an attempted robbery on the inbound Burlington Northern Santa Fe line. The train was stopped for about an hour at the Western Avenue station.
There is no word on whether anyone was injured in the assault, but paramedics were called.
Metra police say one person was taken into custody soon after the attack.
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 35 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos