Metra conductor attacked on BNSF train
October 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A Metra conductor was assaulted on BNSF Train No. 1268 from Aurora to Downtown Chicago near Western Avenue on Monday afternoon.
Officials say that a passenger attacked the conductor in an attempted robbery on the inbound Burlington Northern Santa Fe line. The train was stopped for about an hour at the Western Avenue station.
There is no word on whether anyone was injured in the assault, but paramedics were called.
Metra police say one person was taken into custody soon after the attack.
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 5 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 18 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 31 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
5 min ago