Chlorine leak prompts hazmat in La Grange
October 23, 2012 ( LA GRANGE, Ill.) -- A hazardous materials situation was in effect early Tuesday in suburban La Grange, Ill.
The alarm was called at Plainfield Road and East Avenue because of a chlorine leak reportedly from a pumping station for La Grange Public Works.
Several different emergency crews responded, but there were no immediate reports of any injuries.
Drivers were advised to avoid the area.
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver 38 min ago
- Stabbing reported near Times Square 9 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush 7 min ago
- 2 dead in double shootingi in NJ doctor's office
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
9 min ago
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
27 min ago