Aurora boy, 15, killed in car crash into home
October 23, 2012 (AURORA, Ill.) -- Aurora police are investigating a fatal accident that claimed the life of a 15-year-old boy.
At around 1:43 a.m. Tuesday, Aurora police were called to the scene and Meadows was pronounced dead on the scene.
The driver and three passengers, who were all 15, were northbound on Stonebridge when the driver apparently lost control of the vehicle and traveled through a grassy area striking the house.
Meadows was ejected from the car. The other passengers suffered minor injuries.
No one was injured inside the house.
The driver has not been charged. There was extensive damage to the home.
"The house shook, and immediately someone rang the bell. Some teenagers were running around. We thought it was a Halloween prank," said homeowner Joshila Chandra.
"We're still talking to kids in the car, so we don't, specifically what they were doing at that time, we assume they were joyriding some kind of prank, that's what we assume," said Lt. Pete Inda, Aurora Police Department.
Police don't believe drugs or alcohol were involved in the accident
"None of the kids had driver's licenses, the driver had a permit, but with that you're supposed to be with a parent or licensed driver and none of the kids had licenses," said Inda.
Meadows was a sophomore on the Metea Valley High School football team and a track athlete. His classmates were so affected, many were allowed to simply leave school for the day.
"I talked to him earlier on Friday, he said we're going to go smash pumpkins this weekend. If you want to come, I'll let you know," said Mohsin Ahmed, friend.
"He was one of my best friends. He was one of those people who could always make you smile. He was always there for everyone, no matter what. Even if he was not friends with them, he would always just be there for you," said Kathy Orta, Meadows' friend.
"Devin was the nicest person you could meet in your entire life. Like, he would walk into a room and always had something funny to say. He would always make you laugh, always make you smile. You could not be around him and not have a good time," one classmate said.
local, john garcia
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel 18 min ago
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos