Brookfield Zoo animals fed Halloween pumpkin treats
October 24, 2012 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) -- Animals at Brookfield Zoo were treated to some Halloween pumpkins Wednesday afternoon.
The African lions, sloth bears, meerkats, red river hogs, pygmy hippos, and rhinos seemed to thoroughly enjoy their treats. Some of the pumpkins were carved out and filled with other goodies such as grain, meal worms, meat, raisins, and grapes.
Through the end of the month, many of the zoo's other animals will be getting pumpkins too. This weekend, zoo guests can see the lions and sloth bears receiving pumpkins during the annual Boo! at the Zoo celebration on October 27 and 28.
brookfield zoo, local
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 26 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 25 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 16 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 14 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos